Help! My Hot Tub Water is Discolored - Green or Brown
Hot tub water has brownish or greenish discoloration.
Common underlying issues:
Listed in order of likelihood to be the underlying issue.
- Metal and/or scale buildup in the water
Steps to diagnose & treat the underlying issue:
- Add 1 pint of AquaDoc Metal Prevent, then test pH and adjust to normal levels.
- Add 2 oz of AquaDoc Stain & Scale for every 500 gallons of hot tub water.
Preventing Green or Brown Hot Tub Water
Responsible use and regular hot tub maintenance are the keys to preventing discolored hot tub water. Following the below recommendations are key to preventing brown or green tinted spa water.
Responsible hot tub usage:
- Cover your hot tub when not in use
Responsible hot tub maintenance to green or brown colored spa water:
- Use 1 Metal Control every time you fill or refill your hot tub
- Add 2 oz Stain & Scale per 500 gallons of water one a week